Monday, December 18, 2017

Custom luxury dog bed

Luxury. By luxury I mean the fabric came from our trip to Austria and the insides are composed of some really nice pillows I auditioned before I found the right one. One pillow was the memory foam stuff and the other was down. So I'm not going to do the math but let's just say it is a good Christmas for the babies!
They both liked the idea from the beginning. Lucy took a three hour nap on her pillow before any sewing happened which delayed the process. I wish I would have snapped a picture of that.

Lucy's couch took me hours on end with the planning and surprises that always come with sewing. I don't see things in my head spatially. I don't even know where I am spatially...Anyway the piping took hours and it did not turn out the way I had it planned. And the arms I freaking had a stupid moment and shortened them while cutting things out!

That said, I LOVE it!







 Riki's pillow took just thirty minutes by throwing out the design ideas and using up the leftover fabric. His feathers are sideways and no armrests for him. Ran out of fabric.


Don't tell him!
They like it!

No comments: