Friday, May 15, 2009


Toned the feathers down a lot and now it is finished.  Loved this project.  This hex sign replaces the one I lost in the storm.  My "hex" mother in law gave it to me probably 35 years ago.  I kept it around much longer than I did her son.  So, I guess in that way it did bring me luck.   Ha!  

  • wilkum - welcome
  • two distlefinks - double happiness and good fortune
  • heart within a heart - i can't remember but of course it means love
  • wavy border - smooth sailing through life
  • twelve pointed rosette - a joyous month for each month of the year, keep away evil and bad luck
  • circle - eternity or infinity
  • black - protection
  • blue - protection, peace, and calmness
  • green - growth
  • orange - abundance in career, projects
  • yellow - heath in body and mind, love of man and the sun
  • red - emotions, passion, lust, and creativity
  • white - purity, power of the moon
  • lilac - i've forgotton that one too.

No comments: