Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Monday, August 14, 2017
Finally decided how I'm going to make the new deck. Big problem with the Royal manual typewriter NO SPELL CHECK. I had to change the meaning of the flower. I wanted to draw a frame around the
edges and put a square around the number but I know I don't have those skills so I chose to add the border by layering on plain card stock with the background text stamped on it.
Friday, August 11, 2017
Since I messed the other cards up by edging them I did that first on these. I used Garden Patina archival ink. It is a beautiful color.
Made room for my new oxide ink HAUL!
Yes, I am spoiled and got all 12 new colors with re-inkers! I love them so much I don't even feel guilty. I sent my husband and Kourtney at Scrapbook N Memories had the stuff all bagged up and ready! https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=scrapbook-n-memories
She has great taste at CHA and always has exactly what you are looking for! She will ship!
Really excited to have ALL the colors to work on my tarot deck. I "needed" the micro glaze sealer so therefore bought the whole new color way. OMG. I have a problem.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
When I told my husband that I had messed up my cards last night by inking with black, he replied "There is no mistakes in art". I always tell him that, so I sat around and tried to fix the mess and as I looked at the cards I could see a lot of things that I wish I had done just a little differently. I used a magenta archival ink for the edging and background stamp. I did not like the way it turned brown on the orange. I also think that I should use a smaller nib pen for the sketched flowers.
So, even though I am nine cards into the major arcana I am going to start OVER!
I needed to practice with the oxide inks so can't wait to start with my new ideas. I spent the evening retyping the text with my royal quiet deluxe typewriter on clear labels.