Thursday, September 22, 2011

Elvis collage







I made this collage back in 2005. I always loved it but it just wasn't quite right to me. SO! This many years later I remembered my Elvis stamps and took out some pattern tissue and Archival black ink and went to town. I stamped all my favorite Elvis songs in different fonts. Used his name and important dates places. I love the profile stamp he has such a beautiful face. The original collage was made with beeswax so all I had to do was fire up my little mini iron and melt the tissue into the collage. LOVE it!!! The tissue married the whole collage together and it was so fun to add to it and be so happy with the result.

I've been having a lull in my artistic life. Makes for a lot of anxiety. Feel so much happier when I am creating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your collage... I want your email or phone number.

Nara Samaras
Info@artcoprint.com