Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ms Firestarter






Really enjoyed making this art doll this weekend. Friday night, I took a dollar store skeleton and wired it to a metal base. I had already distressed the skeleton for my Halloween display. I found some velvet I had embossed from a previous project in my fabric stash. On Saturday morning ran to the thrift store and I found a 100% silk tank top for only $1.99. Back at home I found a feather boa that matched the silk. It took me only about ten minutes to fashion her skirt. The next four hours were spent on the simple looking shaw. The piece was perfect already. All I had to do was line it with the silk. Well needless to say my machine made that nearly impossible. Off to bed. Next day I made her hat out of a chocolate mold and more scraps of fabric. My glue soaked through the fabric and really messed up both fabrics. Rather that recover them. Which would have been easy enough at that point. I left it. Made it look tattered. And, after all Ms. Firestarter has been dead for a very long time. Had to vacuum after attaching the feathers. Spent the next couple days beading her rosary and covered a button with velvet for her skirt. Don't you just love her purse?

No comments: