Saturday, March 26, 2011

Birthday Haul!




My sweet husband took me all the way over to my favorite scrapbooking store. On the way we hit a few select estate sales. I got all the wonderful Malaysian greeting cards and Chinese for the low price of five dollars. Such beautiful artwork. Some include the batik fabric they create there. Others are silk. The pot holders and hand marbled silk are another great sample of the wonderful textiles. The Boneka (Indonesian word for doll) is hand carved and painted, his wardrobe is made from royal antique batik sarongs peculiar only to Indonesia. I felt like I stole him for ten dollars. He came with his own box covered in the same fabric. He told me he wanted to come home with me and hang out with the other art dolls.

Was so disappointed at the scrapbook store. They had only two colors left of the color wash dye! That was my main focus for that trip! Well told the lady and she kindly ordered ALL the colors I desired and promised to mail them to me as soon as they arrived! I don't mind waiting for them and will save another trip. Found some great 7 gypsies products while there and a Tattered traveler compass stamp to go with the glimmer screen i bought last time I visited her store. Well off to play....

No comments: