Monday, September 9, 2013

My Janome

I'm starting to understand the fascination the guys have with make,model and year of cars.  After doing research with my friends and the Internet I chose the Janome New Home 2013!  I am a "not so great seamstress", so I did not deserve the top model.  This one is so much more than my last machine that my husband says I will get better.  Our experience at Missouri Sewing Machine on 291 Hi way, Independence, Mo was really special.  The parking lot was full and I joked with my husband that they were having a party, turns out  I was right.  They have monthly meeting to show off their latest project.  So, all the sales people were occupied with several buying customers and the party goers.  We were greeted by Clint who politely answered all our questions and revealed to us that he works in the back on the machines.  We were thrilled to talk to the guy that knew the real story about the Janome brand.  Did you know that they use a metal frame for all models?  He was the prefect guy for me because I have an aversion to the hard sell and I ended up buying a much nicer machine than I thought I deserved. To top it off we lugged my serger in for him to check the threading, he found my problem and had it fixed in less than a minute.  It wasn't the threading, but a burr. What a great employee and guy!  Thanks Clint!

No comments: