Sunday, February 8, 2015

If you've never been to a Mardi Gras parade...

Here are a few photo's from my experiences there.  Crazy things happen with the camera and the year after Katrina the orbs were unbelievable!  I thought it was water on my lens but my husband pointed out that the spots changed position each photo.  All I know is it was really sad up in the Garden District that night.  They rolled and we came but no one forgot what had happened there.  I cried while waiting for the parade to start and my husband was like a body guard instead of a date.  On full alert.  

Another year my camera was jacked up and you see the results of those photos.  So magical and have inspired many art projects for me.  I love the one with the flam beau.  He saw me take his photo and my shutter was open long enough to catch his smile.  Love that!  That is what it feels like to be in New Orleans during Mardi Gras.  

















No comments: