Saturday, April 25, 2015

Ganesha Stamp collage

I'm all set up to do my Ganesha collage.  Hopefully I can work sideways because otherwise my back will be killing me!

I read a little bit about Ganesha the patron saint of letters and learning, art and science, remover of obstacles.  I'm not sure why I'm drawn to these images from such a long time ago.  I'd like to think it is reincarnation, how else would I have decided to do the collage in stamps if I had no idea?  I read wikipedia after I started.  Ha!  I like that he has that connection to letters especially after reading my blog post from the other day.

http://micisip.blogspot.com/2015/04/stamp-collage.html



 After a little experimenting I decided to use Scotch quick dry and beeswax.  My Janis stamps made the perfect pupil and she broke the ice.  It would have been so much easier to do a landscape with these but I was drawn to the Ganesha.  As you can see I've doodled this image many times.








No comments: