Sunday, April 10, 2016

Davis collage

I played around in photo shop with this encaustic collage of my memories. The jewelry is mine from when I was a child, my Cinderella watch and one of a set of three butterflies with my birthstone. I'm amazed that I even have little pieces of my past because it was all under 24 feet of water. I remember going back to the house for the first time after Katrina, there was a couple of guys there gutting it for the builder who we had sold the entire mess too. They had our shit loaded in their trucks, the stuff they thought was worth saving. You should have seen their faces when they saw my husband get out of the car, all 6'4" 275#! He had told me that anything porous was not salvageable so they weren't in trouble. He dragged my nightstand out into the front yard and using his bare hands and had to tear it pieces to get to my jewelry inside. I was sure all of it was long gone hence the looting and such going on. It was a sad sight because he had built that very nightstand with the very same hands in high school, not to mention our entire life in ruins. Everything he had worked for his whole life just trashed. 



 
Not sure if I have ever shared because it really disturbed my niece, she told me "it's so weird". She is the beauty in the top righthand corner. Added a few more family members and myself adorned in my jewels from my spectacular junking haul of the day.

I think weird is what I was going for. This was a few years back so I have a few more wrinkles and many more jewels! I may just load myself up for another photo shoot and use it as my profile picture on Facebook.


Wow, I just got inspired to go find those metallic leaves and see if they will work for texture on my gelli plate! 

No comments: