Friday, September 21, 2018

No thank you...

I had a beautiful girlfriend back in 1980 that served cocktails at the Uptown Theater in Kansas City. Her and I used to go out some nights when we were single.

She called me with free tickets to Maria Muldaur. I agreed to go because I had never heard of Maria Muldaur.

When Maria broke out singing her greatest hit
"Midnight at the Oasis" I looked at Jarret and we got the hell out of there! Lucky for us Hot Rocks was just across the street.

So, a few weeks later she called with the offer of free George Thorogood tickets I told her "hell NO thanks anyway".

She promised that it would be much different than Maria and talked me into it. Thank GOODNESS when I heard that sax player belting out Madison Blues I've been the biggest George fan ever since! I have seen him around eight times in three states. Love him. I might be a groupie.

He is great and I miss Jarret. I haven't seen her for over thirty years.

No comments: