Friday, December 7, 2018

junkin haul



 

My husband came home early from an overtime day and offered to take me to a sale! I was excited because it looked interesting and was right here in town. The lady was a quilter and I bought the most beautiful doll she made from an antique quilt. So precious and she is already in the purple bedroom. 

Overpaid for these "antique" doilies that still had the craft store tags on them. Oh well, they are really nice and I wanted them to do some dying. I got the doll for only $2.00. Such an insult to put a price like that on such a wonderful piece of handmade art. 

Then...

After asking about the price of the hankies I had to practically strong arm a dealer to get my first pick. She rushed me and I just kept saying please to her until she finally backed off. So aggressive for such a small women. I explained to her that I was going to look first and maybe she could shop the rest of the sale until I was done.  I promised not to buy them all and she hung over that basket like a vulture. After saying please forty two times while giving her the famous family glare she left me alone and I didn't see her again. 

I do love to go to sales and usually the people are okay but today was a little different.  My husband dropped me off and went to park. I greeted the lady working the sale outside as we entered together. She ignored me. I thought, oh well, maybe she is a deaf mute. Ha. I spoke again and was ignored. She had to answer me about the hankies so I knew she could hear at that point. Later...my handsome husband came in and she greeted him like an old friend which made me chuckle. What the hell, then had the altercation with this "Thumbelina" woman. Once I found out she was a dealer I had no problem backing her off. They do tend to take the fun out of the whole junking atmosphere. I am polite to people all day but the minute they cross the line I do not back down. I am not passive and only get mean when necessary. I do think I need to avoid that behavior as much as possible. That is why I stay home.
So, bought ALL the good hankies and a bag of thread. Found the watercolor tubes and the hand carved doll.

It was a great haul but I feel like people need to back off and try to be kind. I need to learn to be nice even though they aren't.

That won't happen because I am old and stubborn and will always hold my ground no matter what. After a certain age I just got sick of the bullshit. If you can't be nice then cool just stay away from me. I'm full. Not that I have ever been someone that put up with any shit I have always been polite.

So, "please! step away from the hankies"!

No comments: