Wednesday, April 10, 2019

current art journals

I guess I didn't have enough journals to work in so I bought some more. These are getting full so on to the next adventure and next stack of journals.



Spent hours and hours at Cargo Largo the other day to use my coupons! I shopped till I dropped and really would have liked to have had a ride home. Chugged my coke at the register while she rang me up. That gave me enough energy to get it to the car.

Failed to use them all so will watch facebook tomorrow to see if they have anything else. John said he would stop by on the way home from work.

I'm telling you this stuff is probably 90% off retail so I can't pass it up and I always USE it! Micky's Michael's.  If I get too old to art I will sell the stuff online and finance my old age. I have full intentions of living long enough to use every last canvas.  

Who was it that didn't start doing art until she was in her 70's? I'm way a head of her and loving every minute of it. Just wish I were more productive and hoping the new studio will help me with that. 

I didn't start painting until 27, but had done textiles for years before that. I worked part time making just pocket money. I think they call it junk art. Still doing that. Felt so good to stack a bunch of thick blank canvas in the studio today.

I lived in Florida for a short blissful three years. No one would hire me but this Turkish man with a teacher store. I would dress like a lady and he made me a heck of a deal on a haul of oil paints. He was closing them out and he let me choose any and all paints and brushes I desired! He was so nice to me. Let me pay that off a little each week. Wouldn't even let me hand him the money, trusted that I was holding to my end of the bargain. Of course I did and got them for probably 90% off retail! 

Feeling thankful that I now have a hoard of canvas. I still have the paintbrushes, grabbed them last minute before the storm. They have been with me through three hurricanes.

So wordy. Sorry.


No comments: