Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Occupied Japan China





Christmas came early this year! Found this China on facebook today. A friend from high school posted about her mother having a barn sale. My sweet husband stopped by after work and bought it for me. She gave me a wonderful deal and I feel like a new bride. Have always wanted a set and at fifty five I've waited a long time. So worth it. Going to eat off it every day and going to start drinking green tea so I can use the cup and saucer too. Her mother was pretty horrified that I plan on using it but life is too short for "good dishes".

Here is another shot of my "chandelier". Pretty huh? I haven't been able to sleep for two weeks. Wrapping all those antique necklaces into chains made my carpel tunnel act up. Click photo's to enlarge.

2 comments:

Amira De la Garza said...

Love your China...congratulations! I am wondering how much you paid for the full set? I am trying to help a friend sell the set he got from his parents and don't know where to start! Thanks!

micisip.blogspot.com said...

It is an 8 place setting with quite a few serving bowls, cream and sugar and gravy boat I paid $150.00 for all. Missing one salad plate and one chipped piece. I thought it was a good price. It is so beautiful and delicate.