Wednesday, February 20, 2013

knox gelli plate

Time to get busy and make this gelly plate myself.  My husband is too busy at work and I can't wait any longer.
I watched the videos on you tube.  Thank you ladies.  

Important step was to dissolve gelatin in cold water then add hot. 

She suggested using strips of newspaper to first get rid of bubbles in the bowl.  Then after pouring drag them across to remove any air pockets.  So easy!  Can't believe I've been waiting for weeks.  I'm not a great cook.  

Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Office-All-In-One Printer (Google Affiliate Ad)
Let it set up on the counter for a few hours then the fridge.  After it was solid I covered it.  Another gal commented that the one she madedried up on her because she didn't know you had to cover it.

Drizzled golden acrylic paint and rolled it out with an ink roller.  After looking at my results I think I used WAY too much paint!  Oh well.  Live and learn.

Got out my stencils and went to town.

No comments: