Thursday, June 12, 2014

clematis and california poppies

 I can't remember if I blogged this color work I did for the house.  So far I really like the colors.  My husband has a very demanding job so he paints when he has time.  It seems like an overwhelming task to me but he doesn't stress over stuff like that.  If I could I would help!  He finished the hall last week.  I really like the perfect taupe with the new carpet color.
 Finally took some pictures of my beautiful yard.  It has rained so much that everything is overgrown and lush.
 These are giant hostas!  Love the blue color.
 I haven't added any seeds to the 40 foot bed this year.  I've never seen the poppies so thick!  I'm surprised, because I understood California was a dry state so I assumed the poppies would prefer it dry.  The morning glories are mixed in.  I need to get some twine to help them climb the fence.  My cousin taught me that trick.

Now it needs to stop raining.  We have had about 6 inches in the last few days.  The sun needs to come out and warm the pool up!  

No comments: