Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Craft hoard

I went to Hobby Lobby today to find something to help sort my hoard.  Needed something to replace a huge dresser that we got rid of.  They had nothing and I was so upset with myself because I bought MORE art supplies instead!  It is a sickness for sure.
The hoard is out of control and you see I have plenty of art supplies...this basket is just textures for the gelli plate.  Makes me want to print.
If you read my blog you know that we have been painting and replacing carpet for months.  It would have been nice to have it all done at once but my husband works so he is painting room by room.  My hoard has been to the basement twice and switched between the bedrooms at least that many times.  It was really getting difficult because I have way too much crap and I did not know what to do with it.  I'm the original mixed media artist.  I do a lot of different stuff so therefore have tons of supplies.  I feel really lucky to be able to afford such nice things.  And I do make art.  When I'm not organizing, that is.

Anyway, long story short, we stopped at Old Time Pottery on the way home and I found some perfect hampers that match the rest of my baskets!  I bought some skinny ones a few months back because they matched my closet baskets.  


Nice big hamper with a wire base.  I knew they would be perfect but at 70.00 bucks a piece could barely afford one.  My husband agreed to buy it so I went to find a manager to see if I could get a better deal.  WooHOO!  That yellow tag meant 75% OFF!!  I was able to get all four at 17.50 each!  What a deal!  As you can see I needed the storage and love a bargain.  $76.00 total!  I'm so spoiled and I can't wait to finish organizing so I can make something!






No comments: