Friday, March 6, 2015

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain







I got my books from Amazon and have really enjoyed the first few lessons in "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".  It is really amazing to be totally in the right brain.  The results are amazing compared to before.  I won't show my two portraits because I'm not supposed to look at them again until I'm done.  We will see if I have the nerve to post such messed up art on the Internet.  My Picasso guy got a little big but I still like it.  Did I mention how amazing it is to be in your right brain.  I like to think I spend most my time there!  Little Babushka is ready for spring.  He has spent the last week swaddled like a baby in his pink sling.  We will all be glad for some warm weather around here.  I need flowers.
Thanks to DeDe (Inkwell) Willingham http://inkiwell.blogspot.com/ for teaching us all you know.  Such a generous artist and she is so skilled.  She recommended the book.

I forgot to mention that all the above images were drawn upside down!  It tricks your left brain into stepping out of the picture.  So amazing.  Can't believe the difference.  I've always had to grid when drawing and did not use a grid on any of the above.

No comments: