Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bleeding hearts and lilac hedge row

When landscaping this yard we decided flowering bushes and perennials were the way to go.  My hedge row of lilacs is finally filling out.  They have had the worst go of it but I think they have gotten over the hump and will fill out and provide some noise reduction for the pool.


Rant removed for the sake of peace on earth.


I don't remember Jane ever blooming the same time as the lilacs.  No buds on the spider wort but the columbine have naturalized and are really pretty.  That is Ramone my pool boy/ gardener (flower arranger) in the one shot.  He does all the hard work and I paint with flowers outside and in.  Isn't it beautiful?  It has rained all week here in the mid west and everything is so lush and green.   

















No comments: