Tuesday, June 2, 2015

ICAD 2015





I decided to do the ICAD challenge every day.  I just can't follow directions, I started early, used the wrong stuff and then I discovered this awesome chant.  It ended up all over the cards for the next week.  I'm still going to work on them everyday and will read the prompts but not going to limit myself to someone else's ideas.  I'm sure it will help me on days I am stuck, but like I said, I don't follow directions.  My biggest problem in life was teachers and employers trying to tell me how to dress, I don't do dress codes either. Just don't try to tell me what to do and we will get along just fine.  That includes husbands and boyfriends and anyone else for that matter.  Maybe that is why I never went to art school.  I took one or two acrylic lessons back in the 80's.  It was me in my late twenties and five old people in someones unfinished basement.  Easels lined up with no light except from the lamps clipped to each.  I was okay with all of that until the woman decided to add a few brush strokes of her own to my corn stalks.  THAT pissed me off.  Then the next week they ganged up on me and my progress and accused me of having lessons because I guess I was good.  I never went back and that was the extent of my formal training.  I take that back, my grade school art teacher gave me a reason to live and I was so excited when she came to class.  As for junior high, the art class turned into a creepy party for the creepy sponsors of the yearbook.  If that doesn't turn you off teachers nothing will.  What really makes me sick about that story is that creep is a pretty famous artist in the area and I feel cheated that he wasn't interested in teaching it to me.  What a letch.

No comments: