Wednesday, August 19, 2015

gelli printing

A storm rolled in tonight so I pulled out my 6" gelli plate and some circle stencils and printed my stress away.  

I read a few articles about the hurricane Katrina ten year anniversary coming up.  One said something about PTSD being a big side effect.  I will have to count myself in that boat.  I used to really enjoy a good thunder storm but now that I truly understand the power of nature, I'm scared.  Also sad that our life down there ended so abruptly, we mark time by the storm.   Somehow I knew when we were down there that our time was limited.  I envied the people that had already enjoyed twenty or ten years on the beach. I did use those years wisely and walked that beach almost daily.  That is saying a lot for me because the only thing I like to do everyday is art.  I have to force other activities, not that walk on the beach with my little dog, it was such a magical time.  I get a really good feeling just writing about it.  Something about being on the edge that helps bring you back to your true self.  Not many people use the beach, funny, I know, same thing in Florida.  You see tourists and few regulars, but most people don't even take Beach Blvd. because they are in too big of a hurry.  I ALWAYS took Beach Blvd. every where I went! I'm not sure I would wade in that toxic stew today like I did back then but don't regret it one bit.










No comments: