Wednesday, April 26, 2017

jean jacket refashion





 I got the great idea of adding this leather collar to this jacket I've had for years. It looks really cute but the jacket doesn't fit right so I had to go shopping! 


 Found this great dark blue distressed one at our local farm and home store for only $30 bucks. Love that I can have a one of a kind jacket for a fraction of the cost of the one I tried on at Chico's for $160.00. The embroidery on that one was in ugly colors and looked to be done by machine. I want to "go to town" on this jacket and bling it out! Here are some fabrics and lace I've been auditioning. 

Trying to stretch my boots, I must have not had little toes when I tried them on in Europe. Tight!






















I think I'm going to use the batiks with my hand dyed doilies. That blue flannel is so soft I think I will use in on the inside of the collar. Can't wait to get started and glad that I didn't spend a lot of time and work on the jacket that doesn't fit right. 

As a young women I really wanted to paint but didn't feel like an artist so I spent years doing textiles. Embroidery, cross stitch, crochet and then I went through a temari period that pretty much jacked up my wrist! Going to use all those ideas on this jacket to make it my own. Oh, I did some crazy quilting too. That was my favorite. 


Riki says I don't want no pigtails! He has been a great diversion this week as my dear mother in law Lola passed away after a long period of suffering. I can't figure out what to wear so he thinks I'm packing for a trip. He has been pretty good about pottying outside but let me know he wasn't happy by having a little shit fit. Ha. I'm not supposed to think that is cute am I?









I am using freezer paper applique to sew the flannel  to  line the placket, it is the only choice I am sure about at this stage.
I found some great pieces of lace at our 2nd annual Railroad Days festival for my new jacket. Now I have to decide if I like it dyed with the blues and purple or if I like it cream color. Anybody out there? What would you decide? Probably won't use all of it but I love each piece!

No comments: