Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Jean jacket refashion

 I love you tube, you can watch a couple five minute videos and learn how to applique. I ironed and basted the piece as suggested before sewing.
 Pressed the seams and pulled the basting out and I think it looks great.
Love that this set of earrings I bought in Austria will work with my color palette! I have been saving them for something special.
 So many choices, I'm just taking it one idea at a time. Finished the plackets so got to wear it with the blue t shirt in the next picture. I like that color so much I am going to try to keep the coat matching the turquoise and purples.








I have an idea of using the doily as a base of a embroidered mandala on top the the antique hankie. One good thing about this idea is I can make it and pin it on and if I don't like it I won't be wasting all that sewing time. It will also be easier to sew through that thin cotton rather than the heavy denim. 

Or I might just use the hankies to line the collar and cuffs. So many good ideas! Fun.

No comments: