Saturday, January 26, 2019

Flannel pants

Managed to finish all four pair of flannel pants. These really fit well because I chose my favorite store bought pair of yoga pants and used those to cut out a pattern from butcher paper. It is reusable and easier than tissue. I imagine if I needed something more tailored it would never work. I will say I can't believe how big my ass is, unfortunately they look HUGE!


Third time is a charm I guess.  Learned new things each time. One is to add a little more than a zigzag to mark the center back. These little tags are cute, also to make them longer. I used a wider elastic at the waist and did much more top stitching and seam finishing with the serger. I had read a tip about re enforcing the crotch seam by sewing, serge ing, ironing flat and top stitch over that. I'm sure they will last forever now! I feel like I accomplished something and can't wait to wear a pair.  

I'm a little strange (to say the least) and have to have only cotton or silk on my skin and then I get my favorite clothes and wear only those. I do have a whole closet of stuff to wear out of the house but only my "art clothes" get worn most of the time.

Miss Lucy could hardly wait for me to get my photos to try them out. She climbed up there and cleaned herself like a cat. Silly girl. Princess and the Pea once again. I spoil them both in the winter and cover them in my warm laundry before folding. She really loves that! So does Riki.


is going to be cozy around here this winter.

No comments: