Monday, June 27, 2016

Glass butterflies



I've had these glass butterflies for years, tucked away. The stand was for hummingbird feeders that the ants found before the birds did. I can't stand that sticky mess. Don't these look cool outside?

I got to garden in the rain last night. One of my favorite things to do. It was a little scary because we were between storms and could hear thunder.  I weeded and put my twine up for the morning glories. After over 100 degree temps it was a nice opportunity to get that done. The vines were using the zinnias as a trellis. Need to do some more work in that bed and waiting for the day after tomorrow, temp 80 degrees. Perfect for weeding. The poppies and lettuce are done and I think my husband put grass seed in the bed because it is full of clumpy fescue. I hate that shit. I make him plant bluegrass around the pool and he had to chase the birds off of it for weeks. I'm surprised any came up because we had flocks and flocks all day. The canna made it through the winter and I seeded bachelor button , zinnia, and cosmos this year.

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Those are beautiful butterflies. Dang, woman, you two should be out on the south 40 farming. See any snakes last night? heehee