Sunday, March 26, 2017

Birthday haul part 2

 My husband took me to my favorite store today to spoil me a little more. So excited to have the new oxide inks from Tim Holtz Ranger. They are cool!
 I have been trying to resist the whole Big Shot Circuit Silhouette Cameo dye cut situation. It is getting harder and harder. I was old school coluzzle and fine with that but then I ran out of blades. They no longer make the blades for the coluzzle knife. Found out that the Xacto swivel knife blades fit my knife so ordered that knife too! Then saw these great templates and thought I was good until I tried it. The new knife doesn't work very well with the coluzzle templates and the blade is a little different for the old knife. The new templates are just wonky and wide . Dang. So plan on using the new templates for tracings and cutting the damn things out with scissors.

I really don't think I need to invest hundreds of dollars for all the shit to cut shapes for cards...I would love to have the big shot and a gazillion dyes but for now I'm holding OUT!

On the other hand I have no problem  investing in every color she had of the new oxide inks! SO COOL. I LOVE matt finish anything and these are really going to be fun.

I stocked up on the new dylusion journal in the flip form, bought another square because I loved working in that shape and a few other goodies Courtney always has in stock.

It seems excessive but when you consider that this stuff is pretty much my only expense. I indulge in art supplies and forgo all the trips my friend Susan thinks I should take. Trips are good but I like to spend my time doing art and sleeping in my own bed with my little Riki.

Okay, it is excessive but I love it and can't wait to do more art journaling. That is what has been missing in my life.

 
 I experimented with my new inks on a shape I had cut out with my new tools. Wonky as hell but LOVE the INK!

No comments: