Friday, September 1, 2017

Jean jacket refashion

Found the tiniest little flower growing in the travertine today.


Moving right along on my coat. I just realized that it is September and my coat is not ready to wear! I've done too much planning and not enough work. 

Made up for it today by adding some jewels and I have almost finished sewing the flannel on the back of the collar. Then I have to do the decorative blanket stitch. Most would have just attached it with that but I want it to lay nice so what is a few hours anyway. Keeps my mind off the fucking reality of life.

Houston flooding on the anniversary of Katrina has even affected my husband with the memories. Feel really bad for those people and they can't even know what is in store for them. My one friend Amy stayed...you know who you are and it really stressed me out! August 29th is a bad day for me, I have suffered many losses on that day, the house to Katrina was the least of those and I'm glad it is over for at least another year.  

No comments: