Thursday, October 5, 2017

Jean jacket refashion



Added a few more flowers to the jacket. Unfortunately I did not get to wear it to the Willie Nelson concert tonight...It was rainy and I am a big chicken and just could not make myself buck up and go see him. Sorry we missed you Willie thanks for coming back!

We decided to get tickets earlier this summer to see Willie and Dwight Yoakam. That evening we stopped at a buddies house to hang until closer to showtime because it was 100 freaking degrees.   Got   to Starlight Theater in Kansas City just in time for Dwight's set. HE WAS GREAT! Has not lost his mojo that is for sure! So, we weren't that disappointed when it rained Willie out because we have seen him before. First lightning strike we bugged out, last to arrive and first to leave. Our buddy had a huge tree come down on his truck right by the front door. Glad we had some place to be and weren't standing there when that happened. 

Tom Petty was in town also this summer  but decided to go see Willie because, well you know. We thought we would have plenty of time to catch Tom. Just sad and needed to stay home and play with the dogs. To stay in the moment rather than let everything overwhelm me.

I've been really upset about the hurricanes and now that Vegas massacre puts it over the top. I feel the pain. The air is thick with it. My husband and I have been married for 35 happy years, (no kidding) and had the worst fight over a stupid pitcher of water yesterday. What is going ON? 

The things Trump said to those people in Puerto Rico just makes me sick. Hard to believe we have people like him in this world (inciting violence at every turn) let alone him being our president. Not my president. 

YOU'RE FIRED!

No comments: