Monday, April 16, 2018

jean jacket refashion


I've been working on my jacket while waiting for spring to begin. So cold outside that I'm glad to have this in my lap to keep me warm. Can you see the fern in progress?

This time last year everything was blooming in my yard all at once! Hopefully the flowering bushes aren't affected by this record cold snap. They seem to know that now is not the time to be blooming. 

I see the wisdom in having a garden journal although I've never done it. Now that I have social media I can track things by my pictures I shared the year before. 

I've come to the scary realization that I need to shorten the sleeves! Yikes, really scary to do after spending so much time on the embellishment.  At this stage in life I'm used to making rookie mistakes while sewing and not going to let my fear stop me from making it right.Wish me luck.

No comments: