Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Puppet show

This picture on pinterest inspired my latest journal page.

Sketched Judy big and then printed off a smaller copy to work with on the page.

Used a couple ATC watercolor blanks to make my circus art and the puppets.  Created the stage with gelli prints on deli paper.  I love how the paper melts into the page using matt medium.  Used some circus rub-ons then brushed with matt medium to knock the shine off.  

Judy's dress is a gelli print of a sea shell.  So is her club.  I really like how this page turned out.  Makes me wonder what the new year will bring.  
I'm a little embarrassed to say I spent days drawing my tiny characters.  What the hell is she doing?  I'm sure my husband was thinking.  
I'm not sure why my crazy clowns all have the same messed up eyes, but I'm thinking it is my lack of skill and training.


2 comments:

Cindi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindi said...

Looks good, is that me on the left having nightmares about crazy clowns?? LOL