Wednesday, January 22, 2014

poppies page


This journal page started with a few black and white gelli prints I made with my hand cut poppy stencils.  I was reading some one's blog the other day and used her technique of stamping text through the stencil.  Love that layer!

I tore the deli paper into smaller pieces to make the background collage.  Used my inktense pencils and neocolor II crayons to color it in.  Fun page will have to work with the background color a little and put this idea on a canvas.

I'm actually a nervous wreck tonight because my house will be invaded by strange men tomorrow to put down the new carpet.  This is as close to moving as you can get without really doing it.  We have taken all my crap down to the basement.  My husband even took EVERY bra I own down there.  He spoke up that he would bring me one in the morning.  Ha.  I found the perfect rack for my bras last Thanksgiving.  I keep seasonal items in my closet to decorate the house and discovered my wire cornucopia makes a perfect bra holder and I don't want some strange man and his son checking out those 38D's.  I just line those suckers up and let them hang loose.         


No comments: